- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped coarsely or 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 carrots chopped up
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 Tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbspn parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- Fresh basil or parsely for garnish (optional)
Step 1. In a saucepan cook onion & garlic in a little oil, until onion is soft.
Step 2. Add chopped tomatoes and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
Step 3. Add stock and worcestshire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 12 minutes.
Step 4. Blend or process tomato mixture until almost smooth. (This is optional is using tin tomatoes and you prefer a chunky soup).
Step 5. Return mixture to the pan and stir in parsley if using and borlotti beans.
Step 6. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until beans are hot.
Step 7. Serve with wholegrain rolls.