- olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 rashers lean bacon, rind removed and cut into pieces
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- little mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- rocket, or salad greens (optional)
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 2. Heat a little olive oil in an oven proof fry-pan. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until fragrant and lightly coloured.
Step 3. Combine eggs, milk and tomatoes in a bowl. Pour mixture into fry-pan. Sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese.
Step 4. Place pan in the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Sep 5. To serve, cut into quarters and serve with a thick slice of whole grain toast to make a well balanced breakfast. Or add some rocket or salad greens to this for a lunchtime meal.