- 2 large beetroot peeled and grated
- 3 large carrots peeled and grated
- 2 courgettes grated
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes (200g) – chopped in half
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- Handful of parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp sesame oil
How to make it:
On a large platter or plate, lay out the grated beetroot. Sprinkle the grated carrot on top to create a layer that is slightly smaller than the first. Add a layer of grated courgette – again, making it smaller than the carrot layer so you can see the rainbow effect.
Place the sliced tomatoes on the top and sprinkle with seeds and parsley.
To make the dressing, simply mix all the ingredients together and serve with the salad.
Mix the salad up just before you eat it, if you like, or leave it all layered up; whatever works for you!
Serve it up:
– Enjoy as a main for lunch or dinner with grilled chicken, lean meat, fish, tofu, a boiled egg or pulses.
– Serve as a side salad with a main meal