- 1 cup Quinoa
- 200 g haloumi cheese, cut into thick slices
- 1 eggplant, trimmed and thickly sliced in lengths
- 1 red pepper, quartered and de-seeded
- 3 courgettes, trimmed, cut in half length ways
- Rice bran oil – spray
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- bunch fresh rocket (optional)
Step 1. Prepare and cook quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain and allow to cool.
Step 2. Heat char-grill pan or BBQ. Spray cheese and vegetables lightly with rice bran oil. Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes until each side is browned. Set aside.
Step 3. Cut vegetables and cheese into bite size chunks,
Step 4. In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and mint. Mix well.
Step 5. Place quinoa, vegetables and cheese into a large bowl. Pour dressing over and gently combine. (If using rocket, add and toss well).