- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 35g packet Salt Reduced Taco seasoning mix (mild, medium or hot – your choice!)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Lettuce – shredded
- 2 carrots – peeled and grated
- A little edam cheese – grated
- Guacamole (optional) or sliced avocado
Step 1. Remove any excess fat from chicken and cut into quarters.
Step 2. Place in crockpot with tomatoes and taco seasoning. Mix well.
Step 3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, stirring only once about halfway through cooking if possible.
Step 4. When chicken is ready to serve: warm tortillas either in the microwave for 10 seconds each or if you have gas, over the gas flame briefly on each side.
Step 5. Top each tortilla with lettuce and carrot, chicken mixture and sprinkle over a little grated cheese. Put on a spoonful of guacamole or sliced avocado if using.
Step 6. Fold one end in slightly then roll tortilla up and enjoy!