- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- olive oil
- 2 tspn minced chilli
- 1 Tspn fresh ginger, peeled and grated finely
- 400g beef steak, any fat removed and diced
- 1 tin Indian flavoured tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 bundles egg noodles
- 1 pkt baby spinach leaves
- fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
Step 1. Fry onion and garlic in a little oil until soft and tender.
Step 2. Add ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then add diced beef and cook until browned.
Step 3. Add Indian flavoured tomatoes and beef stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes to allow some liquid to evapourate. Stir occasionally to prevent from catching.
Step 4. Meanwhile, cook noodles as per packet instructions.
Step 5. A few minutes before serving add baby spinach leaves to beef and stir through until wilted.
Step 6. To serve, place noodles in bowls and top with beef and sprinkle with chopped coriander.