- Pita Bread
- Rice crackers (plain or seaweed)
- 2 carrots
- 1 red capsicum (or yellow
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- a few broccoli amd cauliflower florets
- low fat hummus
- tzatziki (yoghurt, cucumber and mint dip)
- chives (for garnish)
Step 1. To make your own pita crisps: Cut a medium sized pita bread in half, through the middle and then cut those two layers into small triangles. Spray with cooking spray and bake at 180º for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
Step 2. Cut carrots, capsicum and celery into sticks.
- Put the pita crisps, plus rice crackers and perhaps some Vita Wheat mini grain snacks onto a platter.
- Add cherry tomatoes and small florets of broccoli
- For dips you can use low fat hummus, tzatziki, salsa, or make a cottage cheese dip by blending low fat cottage cheese, a few sundried tomatoes or a teaspoon of pesto and seasoning of your choice.
- To make your own tzatziki, use 200g low fat plain yoghurt + ½ cup grated cucumber + chopped mint + black pepper to taste. Chill for 30 mins before serving.