- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut in half and julienne cut
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, slice ends off, cut in half and julienne cut
- 1 red capsicum, cored and de-seeded, remove curved ends, julienne cut
- 1 pkt snow pea shoots, cut in half
- Bunch fresh coriander, leaves only
- Vermicelli noodles, soaked in hot water until soft, then drained
- 1 pkt rice paper discs
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 Tbspn coriander leaves, finely chopped
Step 1. Pour very warm water into a dinner plate. Place 1 rice paper disc into water. Allow to soak until rice paper becomes soft. Lift out and allow excess water to drip off.
Step 2. Place rice paper on bench top. Towards one edge place a small amount of vermicelli noodles followed by a few strips of carrot, cucumber, red capiscum and snow pea shoots and a couple of coriander leaves.
Step 3. Roll edge of rice paper over ingredients, fold side edges over and roll the bundle up firmly until completed wrapped. It may seem a little fragile but they firm up as the rice paper fuses together.
Step 4. Continue in this manner to make remaining rolls.
Step 5. To make dipping sauce, place all ingredients (except coriander leaves) into a small pan. Heat gently, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Simmer gently until mixture thickens slightly. Allow to cool before adding chopped coriander leaves.
Optional: If you prefer not to have vegetarian rolls you can add some shredded chicken or a prawn to each bundle.