There’s no reason why you can’t stay active on rainy days – there are plenty of options for exercising inside, whether it be in the privacy of your own home or at the local leisure centre. Here are some ideas:
- Hire an exercise DVD, there are so many great ones around. For a stretching session try yoga or pilates. Cardio, choose dance (like Zumba) or kick boxing to get the heart pumping. For a resistance workout select a specialized DVD that takes you through a range of exercises using both upper and lower body. Clear some space in the lounge and have a glass of water nearby. Be mindful of what they promise you though!! If in doubt, speak with Marius or Naz first.
- Try a new activity like rock climbing, roller skating, badminton, or a dance class. Most of these would offer a free introductory class, who knows you may end up loving it!
- Head to the local leisure centre and take a new class like aqua aerobics, Zumba or kick boxing (again most centres would offer 1 free class).
- Contact your local community centre and find out about what indoor sports activities they are offerings like indoor soccer, netball or volleyball.
- Home cardio equipment – if you have a treadmill, cross trainer or exercycle at home, then no excuses, turn the radio on and give it all you’ve got for 30-40 minutes!
- Home exercise programme. You don’t need expensive gym equipment for a good all round work out. See Marius or Naz for a personalized home programme to help you achieve your goals.