- Olive oil (for frying)
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tspn ground cumin
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and finely diced
- 500 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 8 x 20cm wholemeal tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cheese, grated
Step 1. Heat a little oil in a large fry pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
Step 2. Add spices and capsicums and cook, stirring until capsicums are soft.
Step3. Remove from heat and stir in chicken and coriander. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Step 4. Place 1 tortilla on a clean chopping board. Sprinkle with some cheese, then a 1/4 of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Top with second tortilla. Continue in the same manner to make the remaining 3 quesadillas.
Step 5. Heat a little oil in the same fry pan and cook quesadillas, until golden brown on both sides. Cover to keep warm while cooking remaining quesadillas. Serve with fresh green salad.